All About DIR- 3
October 10, 2019
What is DIR-3?
DIR-3 an application in e-form mandated by the MCA to be filed by any person who wants to apply for DIN( Director Identification Number). On the successful filing of the application, a DIN number is allotted which is a unique number and will be quoted in filing returns by that director. DIN in mandatory to become a director in a company.
As per new rules, a director who does not have a DIN at the time of Company Incorporation does not need to file a separate application in Form DIR-3 but can directly apply for DIN using SPICe.
A person will have to make an application in eForm DIR-3 if he/she wants to become a director in an existing company. The person has to follow the following procedure:
Supporting Documents for DIR-3
Physical documents do not require to submit at DIN cell.
It is mandatory for the applicant to sign the Form DIR-3. The same document should verify digitally by a CS(Company Secretary) in full-time employment of the private limited company or by the MD (Managing Director) or Director or CEO or CFO of the existing company in which the applicant intends to appoint as a director.
While uploading, You have to make the payment of filing fee of eForm DIR-3. Only electronic payment of the fees is applicable such as Net banking, Credit Card, Debit Card, Pay later and NeFT.
To obtain Login ID, the user is required to get himself/herself registered on the MCA 21 Portal. For uploading:
- Login to the MCA21 portal and
- Click on ‘eForm upload’ link available under the ‘eForms’ tab
- Upload the eForm DIR- 3.
- When the DIN application is paid, e-Form DIR-3 will process
Generation of DIN
When you successfully upload and make payment, it checks for the details that have not been identified as the potential duplicate. In case of Form DIR-3,
–Details do not identify as a potential duplicate:– Provisional Director’s Identification Number (DIN) will generate. It routes to DIN cell for back-office processing
–Details identify as potential duplicate:- When the form gets approval, provisional DIN becomes approve DIN and would be available for further use.
Common Causes of Rejection
The documents attached with the application should inspect thoroughly. Then after the provisional DIN gets approval.
Here are some of the common mistakes committed by applicants. Because of that DIN (Director Identification Number) application gets reject are as under:
I. Non-submission of supporting documents
- Identity proof of the applicant does not submit.
- Father’s name proof of the applicant does not submit.
- Date of birth proof of the applicant does not submit.
- Residential address proof of the applicant does not submit.
- The copy of passport (for foreign nationals) does not submit.
II. Invalid Application/Supporting Documents
- Supporting documents which attach are invalid or expire.
- Proof of identity should submit which is issued by a Government Agency.
- There are handwritten entries on application/ enclosed evidence.
- The submitted application already one application of that application is pending or approved or is duplicate DIN application and
- It does not have affixed photograph in the submitted application.
- The signatures do not append to the prescribed place
- In application, the name filed of the applicant does not match with the name in the enclosed evidence.
- The father’s name filed of the applicant does not match with the name in the enclosed evidence.
- Date of birth filed of the applicant does not match with the details in the enclosed evidence.
- In application, the address details filed of the applicant does not match with the details in the enclosed evidence.
- The gender does not enter correctly in Form DIR-3
- Identification number entered in the application does not match with the identity proof enclose.
- If enclose documents does not self-attest.