Types of company registration in India
January 21, 2023
In India, there are several types of companies that can be formed, including:
- Private Limited Company: A company that is privately owned and has a limited number of shareholders.
- Public Limited Company: A company that is publicly traded and has a larger number of shareholders.
- One Person Company (OPC): A company that is owned and managed by a single individual.
- Limited Liability Partnership (LLP): A partnership where each partner’s liability is limited to their respective contributions.
- Sole Proprietorship: A business owned and run by a single person, with no legal distinction between the owner and the business.
- Partnership Firm: A business formed by two or more individuals who come together to carry out a business activity.
- Hindu Undivided Family (HUF): A business owned and managed by a Hindu Undivided Family.
- Cooperative Society: A society formed by a group of individuals who come together to carry out a business activity for their mutual benefit.
- Section 8 Company: A company established for promoting art, science, charity, religion, sports or any other useful object.
It is worth noting that the type of company that is most suitable for a particular business will depend on various factors, such as the size and nature of the business, the number of shareholders or partners, and the business’s overall goals and objectives.
For determining the mode of Company Formation, Kindly contact us at https://www.startupsolicitors.com